Disney Store opened its flagship store in Shanghai, China on Wednesday May 20th. This store is the largest Disney Store in the world with 9,257 square feet of immersive shopping experiences and also features an outdoor plaza. Shanghai is the largest city in China with 24 million people so it comes as no surprise that they would need the largest store. The store is located in the city’s popular Lujiazui shopping district in the shadow of the city’s iconic Pearl Tower.
According PR Newswire the new store features lots of unique features like:
- A Disney Magic Kingdom Castle, measuring 19 feet high (5.855m) at the heart of the store, featuring an hourly musical and projection show
- A one-of-a-kind Marvel area complete with hand-sculpted statues of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, and an 8-foot-tall Hulk
- A character balloon area with one-of-a kind sculpted hot-air balloons featuring Disney characters including Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Daisy, Donald, Pluto, and Chip and Dale
- Unique Mickey Mouse-shaped roof sculpted with over 8,000 LED lights visible from key tourism vantage points such as the Pearl Tower
- Disney characters hidden in the 12ft tree landscape
- A Disney Portal Gateway area features an impressive gateway inspired by Pixar’s Monster’s University and featuring all the latest in Disney entertainment
- A crystal chandelier in the young-adult-female area where Tinker Bell can be found sprinkling her Pixie Dust
- A Magical Mirror which entertains guests who stand in front of the mirror
“We couldn’t be more delighted to open our first Disney Store in China, in Shanghai,” said Paul Candland, president, The Walt Disney Company, Asia-Pacific region. “Disney Store plays a critical role in how millions around the world experience our brand and allows kids, young adults and families to have a uniquely fun and immersive experience while shopping for their favorite Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars products,” he added.