Walt Disney World and Disneyland have announced another Memorial Day Weekend 24-hour event this year, this time called the Rock Your Disney Side Party. Taking place at the Magic Kingdom Park in Florida and Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park in California, this event will once again have those parks open for 24 hours straight to kick off the summer season.
This time Disney is inviting guests to show their “Disney Side” and dress up as as a Disney hero or villain while Disney brings own their own characters from 6 a.m., May 23 to 6 a.m., May 24, 2014 with character meet-and-greets throughout the day along with other entertainment and merchandise.
Disney’s costume details:
• Costumes should be child-friendly and adhere to any guidelines determined by Disney.
• Costumes should not be obstructive, offensive or violent; drag on the ground; contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest; contain any weapons or objects which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
• Masks may be worn, but they must not obstruct vision, and eyes must be visible at all times.
• Guests who dress like Disney characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs.
• Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused admission.
To make the announcement, Disney posted the ultimate hashtag featuring 140 of their most famous characters:
(Click to enlarge)
The photo features many of the rare characters that Disney brought out for their Limited Time Magic events last year, like Oogie Boogie, Jack Skellington, Sally, Dumbo, Scrooge McDuck, Ludwig von Drake, Chicken Little, the Robin Hood gang, and Dr. Facilier, along with many fan favorites including Anna, Elsa, Pocahontas, Meeko, the Seven Dwarfs with Snow White, Bolt, Flynn Rider and Rapunzel, “Up” charaters, Maleficent, and many more. But Disney isn’t saying how many of these characters will actually show up in the park during the event just yet – but it’s definitely not all of them at once, likely a small selection.
Rockyourdisneyside.com has been set up for more information, including a sweepstakes to win a trip to the event.