Inside the Magic is now hiring: L.A. based Multimedia Journalist!
Join our team of reporters to help cover theme parks, movies, and more fun entertainment.
This a paid professional opportunity to cover Disneyland….
Universal Studios Hollywood….
We have an exciting opportunity in Los Angeles, California for an experienced, creative, and aggressive Multimedia Journalist. Your responsibilities will include story idea creation, written reporting, shooting and editing video news stories, developing contacts, as well as other responsibilities as assigned.
We are searching for a great storyteller who brings energy, creativity, and intelligence to every report and news story.
Interested candidates should be a self-starter and be a creative journalist. You must also be able to work under deadline pressure. The right candidate will actively and effectively be able to use social media with an appropriate tone and voice. The ability to focus and work well with others is vital.
Your formal training is insignificant as long as you can demonstrate an expertise in storytelling with video shooting and/or editing. Plus a passion for theme parks especially Disneyland and Universal Studios Hollywood.
- Must reside in Los Angeles, California or close to Disneyland and Universal Studios Hollywood.
- Must have reliable transportation (your own vehicle).
- Must have website experience reporting, news writing, and/or blogging.
- Applicant must be versatile and understand the production process with a technical understanding of camera operation, lighting, audio capture, as well as editing. Basic color correction is sometimes required.
- You must be organized and able to with a production team while also being independent and a self-starter when tasked with projects. Must maintain calm under pressure and able to troubleshoot equipment and location obstacles as they arise.
- Must have social media prowess.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of theme parks and the theme park industry.
- Additional skills in photography, marketing, or graphic design preferred.
- You must also have your own hardware with editing software you are familiar with (Premiere, Final Cut, etc.).
- You must be detailed oriented, able to take direction, and interested in contributing new ideas.
Comfort appearing on-camera is desired.
Owning camera equipment is required.
E-mail email@example.com with your full name, telephone number, resume (or LinkedIn profile), and links to examples of your prior written and video work.