Inside the Magic is looking for innovative, creative, passionate, and knowledgeable writers to join our team. These are paid opportunities to write about theme parks, entertainment, travel, and more. Below are the positions we are currently hiring for. Keep reading to find out how to apply!
Full-Time Disney Parks News Writer
If you love discussing all things Disney Parks, we have a job you’ll love. We are hiring a full-time reporter who just “gets” the Disney Parks around the world and loves the Disney community as a whole.
You do not have to live close to a Disney Park in order to be considered for this position.
This role is perfect for you if you…
- Are you “that” fan – you know, the one everyone comes to to explain what the Disney Parks have to offer? How do to Disney the “right” way? The more you know about Disney World, Disneyland, and the other Disney Parks around the world, the better!
- Have a keen awareness of what your fellow fans want to read on a daily basis
- Enjoy taking a critical eye to trends and understanding what matters NOW
- Are part of the Disney community on social media and understand what is happening in the Disney Parks on a daily basis.
- Are willing to seek out new leads and writing opportunities, sharpen your investigative reporting skills, and get creative by thinking outside the box.
- Are looking for a paid writing position in the Disney Parks field.
- Love of writing and proven ability to write quickly under tight deadlines
- Previous writing experience that demonstrates your ability to write accurately about the Disney Parks, in particular.
- Ability to meet deadlines, including writing news articles quickly and efficiently in a breaking news setting.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Already keeping up with the latest Disney Parks news by being a dedicated fan yourself.
- WordPress (or other CMS) experience and SEO knowledge are a plus.
Responsibilities of the role include…
- Writing at least 25 articles per week, every week. Articles are typically 400-600 words in length.
- Writing 30-40 hours per week, including one day every other weekend.
- Keeping up with the latest Disney Parks news and writing based on the demands of the news cycle.
Pay negotiable based on experience + bonus opportunities.
How to Apply…
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, please email us at email@example.com with the name of the position in the subject line. Include information about yourself and why you are a good fit for the role, your resume, and three article pitches (a 1-5 sentence description of the pitch along with engaging headlines for each) pertaining to the Disney Parks that we would publish at Inside the Magic.
In terms of the pitches, get creative. We want to see how you can create your own unique angle that would catch someone’s eye. Look at what is trending right now, what are people talking about, and see what news surrounds the subject!
Please submit your applications by Sunday, June 5.