Some have been celebrating Christmas in July all month long, but some have been waiting for this particular day, July 25th. It’s a prime day to celebrate because today marks exactly five months from Christmas.
Disney Parks are a very merry magical place to be during the holiday season from all the decorations to Christmas treats and holiday entertainment. So get ready, because Disney Parks shared a bunch of activities to bring a Disney magical holiday into your home all day long and here are a few of our favorites!
DIY Disney Holiday Crafts
DIY Snow Mouse
Mickey and Minnie are always also well dress for the holidays, so what a great way to decorate your home with these DIY Snow Mouse. They’re such an adorable variation to the classic snowman and they won’t melt! You can find instructions for how to make this cute creation here.
Set the Mood
Don’t forget to set the mood while you’re crafting! Pump up the tunes so you can sing and dance along while you’re crafting!
Maybe you’re waiting more of a calmer relaxing Christmas mood. This Disney yule log is the perfect ambient background sound and scene.
You’ll feel like you’re on vacation in the lobby of Disney’s Grand Californian participating in activities while staying warm and enjoying hot chocolate.
White Hot Chocolate with Cinnamon Marshmallows
Speaking of hot chocolate and the Grand Californian, we should make a pitstop at Disney California Adventure for the Festival of Holidays. Their White Hot Chocolate with Cinnamon Marshmallows will have you dreaming of a snowy white Christmas.
Print the recipe here: Disney Parks Blog
Cinnamon Marshmallows (Makes 24 Marshmallows)
- 3/4 ounce (3 packets) unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup water, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
White Hot Chocolate (Makes 1 Serving)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 drop vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
For Cinnamon Marshmallows
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix gelatin with 1/2 cup of water in a bowl of an electric mixer. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, mix together remaining 1/2 cup of water, sugar, and corn syrup.
- Cook over medium heat for 12-15 minutes, until mixture reaches 240 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove from heat and rest for 1 minute, until temperature reaches 230 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour sugar mixture into gelatin and water.
- Whip on medium speed for 2 minutes, or until mixture begins to thicken. Add salt. Continue to whip for 8 to 10 minutes, until mixture doubles in size.
- Add cinnamon extract. Whip for 1 minute.
- Spray a spatula with nonstick cooking spray. Pour marshmallow mixture into prepared 9×13-inch pan. Smooth using spatula. Marshmallow will be very sticky.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top of marshmallow. Rest for 4 hours, or until set.
- Combine cornstarch and powdered sugar in a small bowl.
- Once marshmallow mixture is set, lightly brush a knife with oil, then cut into 24 squares. Roll in cornstarch and powdered sugar mixture.
- Store in airtight container.
For White Hot Chocolate
- Stir together milk, vanilla, and white chocolate chips in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot, topped with cinnamon marshmallows.
You didn’t think we were going to forget about some Christmas cookies did you? Time to zip over to the Walt Disney World Resort now for some Gingerbread Cookies from the Grand Floridian.
Wait a minute. They’re coming over to you with their Gingerbread recipe to make at home! How yummy would it be to dip in your White Hot Chocolate.
Cozy Up on the Couch With This Disney Holiday
Now that we’ve got the hot chocolate and cookies, it’s time to grab your loved ones to watch one of the movies on this Disney+ holiday playlist. No one will judge if you watch the whole playlist either!
If you’re missing holidays in the Disney Parks, you can pop on the view of Main Street U.S.A. below! Be sure to check out the sneak peak of the Disney merchandise coming this holiday season or Disney ornaments available now.
- The Santa Clause
- Olaf’s Frozen Adventure
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Decorating Disney – Holiday Magic
- The Muppet Christmas Carol
- Babes in Toyland
Are you excited for Christmas in July? Let us know in the comments below.