Summer means road trips, bonfires, and, of course, s’mores! This treat is a a summertime staple that you probably loved as a kid and can’t wait to pass onto your own children.
The tradition of making s’mores has just gotten even more fun with this s’mores recipe inspired by Pixar’s Up.
Meant to look just like Ellie’s Adventure Book, this adorable take on classic s’mores is missing just one thing: Carl and Russell sitting around the fire with you!
Up Inspired S’mores (Courtesy of Disney)
What You Need:
- 12 large, rectangular graham crackers
- 12 oz. of chocolate bar or chocolate candy coating, melted
- 1-2 tsp vegetable oil (optional)
- Red fruit leather or fruit tape (like a Fruit Roll-Up)
- Your favorite homemade marshmallow recipe (or store bought marshmallows, if desired)
- ¼ c powdered sugar/confectioner’s sugar
- 6 peanut butter candy melts
- 2 tbsp each of tan, yellow, orange, and black icing
- 1 tbsp each of purple, red, blue, and white icing
- 7 piping bags fitted with #1 or #2 tips (for each of the colored icings), 1 piping bag fitted with #44 tip (for the white icing)
What You Do:
1. Make the Adventure Book covers. Using a serrated knife, cut 2 inches off the length of each graham cracker. The remaining cracker should be 2 x 3 inches. Dip each cracker in melted chocolate, thinning the chocolate with oil if needed. Let set.
2. Create the binding. To create the book binding, cut out a 2 x ½-inch strip of red fruit leather. Use a dab of melted chocolate to attach this on the left side of each “book cover” cracker.
3. Make the marshmallows. Make the marshmallows according to your favorite recipe. Pour the marshmallow mixture into a 9 x 13-inch pan heavily dusted with powdered sugar. Fill the pan evenly to a depth of ½ inch. Allow to set. Use a long, thin knife brushed with oil to cut out 6 rectangles of marshmallow, each measuring 2 x 3 inches.
4. Decorate with details. Use the tan colored icing to draw square and circular borders on each “book cover.” Flat side facing up, attach a peanut butter candy melt chip under the text area. Use black icing and a toothpick to lightly draw the shape of North and South America. Write “MY ADVENTURE BOOK” with colored icing fitted into piping bags. Pipe a black icing ribbon tie atop the red fruit leather “binding.” To finish, pipe a thick line of white icing “tape” on the top left side of the globe.
5. Enjoy your s’mores! Place a cut marshmallow in between one “book cover” graham cracker and one plain, chocolate-dipped graham cracker. You can toast the marshmallows (we definitely prefer on our !) or just enjoy them plain. Now it’s time to take off on a delicious adventure!
Whether you’re off to your personal Paradise Falls this summer or not, this delicious Up inspired treat will certainly be an adventure in the kitchen for your family!
Tell us in the comments if you’re going to try this Up s’mores recipe this summer!