Are you looking for a gift for someone that doesn’t break your wallet? An item that is handmade can sometimes be more priceless than one you can purchase? This Pressed Floral Minnie Mouse Card is great for Mother’s Day, a birthday, a thank you card after a party, a friend you’re just thinking of, and all kinds of holidays really. It’s definitely one that whoever you give it to will love and want to have on display, not just file away in a box after a while.
Pressed Floral Minnie Mouse Card
There’s only a few things that you may need to order or purchase from the store. Everything else are household items and well the outside! That’s the other fun part about this project. You can spend the day outside looking for plenty of flowers that will make this card beautiful. It does make take some time to complete, so make sure you find a good space for making this craft.
Craft Source: Disney Family
What You’ll Need
- Small flowers and leaves
- Parchment paper
- 2 large books
- White cardstock
- Small paintbrush
- Decoupage glue
- Cut buds and blooms from the flowers you’ve gathered.
- Place them face down onto parchment paper. Fold the parchment paper and crease over the flowers. Place the parchment-encased flowers inside of a large book, then carefully close it.
- Leave the flowers in the book for at least 4-5 days. Place another heavy book on top to help press the flowers really well.
- Cut the cardstock to your preferred size, and fold in half to create a card.
- After 4-5 days, remove the flowers from the book and arrange them into a Minnie shape on the front of the card.
- One by one, add a small dab of decoupage glue onto the back of each flower and press it onto the card.
- Once all of the flowers have been glued down, apply a smooth coat of decoupage glue on top of the flowers to seal them in place.
- Finally, add 2 larger petals or flowers to create Minnie’s bow. Add a dab of decoupage glue to the bottom of each petal, and then apply the final coat to seal.
- Let dry completely before gifting.
Another idea for this Pressed Floral Minnie Mouse Card is to turn it into a photo keepsake to give away or for your own personal use. Instead of writing your handwritten note inside for a person, you could print a photo to place inside. Maybe someone you love gave you flowers for a special occasion and you want to keep those wonderful memories. Use the flowers that you were given for the outside of the card and put your photo and life updates inside it.
Try it With Other Characters
Like above, you can leave off Minnie’s bow to make a Mickey card. You could try using other color schemes from favorite characters and pick flowers from only those colors to represent that Disney character. For example, using all daisies could represent Minnie’s best friend, Daisy!
This is an activity that’s great for both kids and adults which results in an end product that’s so eye-catching. Have fun creating this DIY!