Epcot’s International Flower & Garden Festival is in full swing, but there’s another delectable dining opportunity for Disney foodies this month, and this one’s pretty wild. Disney just announced the Tasting Sampler will return to Disney’s Animal Kingdom this month, and we can’t wait to snack on all the delicious bites!
During late fall 2018, Disney hosted a Tasting Sampler at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, offering guests the opportunity to purchase a gift card to redeem at several kiosks and dining locations throughout the theme park. This spring, the Tasting Sampler is back, but it’s gotten a bit of a makeover (and a price increase of $15). We’ll break down the details for you.
The Tasting Sampler at Disney’s Animal Kingdom costs $50. It includes the following:
- One $50 digital value card that does not expire and can be used at several outdoor food and beverage locations throughout Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- One $10 digital value card that is redeemable from April 12-22 and can be used after 5 p.m. at Restaurantosaurus (DinoLand U.S.A), Pizzafari and Pizzafari Family-Style Dining (Discovery Island), Flame Tree Barbecue (Discovery Island), and Satu’li Canteen (Pandora – The World of Avatar)
- These two digital value cards are considered separate products and cannot be combined.
The Tasting Sampler can be purchased now through 12 p.m. on April 22. To purchase the Tasting Sampler, click here for the official website and enter the code DAKDINEBONUS. The digital value cards included in your purchase will be emailed to you. You can use your mobile device to add the digital value cards to your digital wallet or simply use your email to display the digital value cards when purchasing food.
We know what you’re probably asking next: is it worth it? For $50, you’re getting a $60 value, so you are saving some cash by purchasing the Tasting Sampler. And because most of the money doesn’t expire, you could make one of your digital value cards last over multiple theme park visits. Whether or not this is worth it for you could be determined by the food available, so keep reading to find out more and view pictures of what this Tasting Sampler will get you, should you decide to buy it.
Now, let’s get to the good stuff: the food! Disney’s Animal Kingdom has become quite the food haven in recent years, and that trend isn’t stopping anytime soon. From delicious signature dining at Tiffins to experiences like Circle of Flavors, this theme park has a variety of dining experiences for any palate, so a Tasting Sampler is a great way to get a bite of the various fun and awesome foods at Animal Kingdom park. This month’s tasting sampler includes some food items from last year, as well as plenty of new items to try. Take a look at everything available below.
Kusafiri Bakery (Africa)
- Chicken Curry
- Shrimp Curry
- Chicken & Shrimp Curry
Caravan Road (Asia)
- Tuna Tataki Bowl
- Pork Bao
Mr. Kamal’s (Asia)
- Fried Chicken Dumplings
- Kamal’s Fries with Dipping Sauces
Trilobites (DinoLand U.S.A.)
- Scrooge McDuck’s Billionaire Bacon Caramel Sundae
Dino-Bite Snacks (DinoLand U.S.A.)
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Sandwich
Terra Treats (Discovery Island)
- Tomato and Cheese Pizza
- Meatball Slider on Focaccia Roll
- Sausage and Peppers Pizza
Smiling Crocodile (Discovery Island)
- House-smoked Pastrami Slider
- Pulled Pork Street Tacos
- Chips and Queso
Additional Participating Carts and Kiosks
- Mahindi (popcorn, glazed nuts, beer)
- Tamu Tamu Refreshments (Pineapple Dole Whip Cup, ice cream treats, beer)
- Dawa Bar (specialty beverages, cocktails, beer)
- Harambe Fruit Market (fruit, pretzels, grilled corn)
- Warung Outpost (pretzels, chips, margaritas)
- Drinkwallah (nuts, chips, frozen beverages)
- Chakranadi (pretzels, nuts, beer, fountain beverages)
- Anandapur Ice Cream Treats (soft-serve ice cream treats, fountain beverages)
- Thirsty River Bar & Trek Snacks (popcorn, ice cream treats, pretzels, cocktails, beer)
- Snack Cart near UP! A Great Bird Adventure (ice cream treats)
- Dino Diner (chili cheese dog, corn chip pie, churros, beer)
- Corn-ivores (popcorn, bottled beverages)
- Feeding Ground (popcorn, frozen lemonade, beer)
- Eight Spoon Café (macaroni and cheese with pulled pork or shrimp, pretzels)
- Isle of Java (coffee, pastries, chocolate donut holes)
- Snack Cart near Tiffins Restaurant (all-beef hot dogs, ice cream treats)
Pandora – The World of Avatar
- Pongu Pongu (pretzels, pineapple lumpia, specialty beverages)
- Beverage Cart near Pongu Pongu (chips, bottled beverages)
- Ice Cream Carts (ice cream treats, bottled beverages)
What do you think of the April Tasting Sampler at Disney’s Animal Kingdom? Should Disney make these available more often? Let us know in the comments!