The Disney Princess are some of the most iconic and influential figures in film and television history as they all share stories of courage, strength and hope. So who better to pull inspiration from in our everyday lives than these larger-than-life heroines? Here are 9 quotes from Disney Princesses to inspire your life.
1. “Our fate lives within us, you only have to be brave enough to see it.” – Merida from Disney’s “Brave”
Ultimately, this quote speaks to the fact that we cannot let fear get in the way of achieving our goals. Every day we are faced with challenges that sometimes can alter our view of the bigger picture of what’s important to us. When it comes down to it, you have to take your fate in your own hands, no matter how challenging it may seem, you just have to be brave.
2. “I remember Daddy told me, fairy tales can come true. You got to make them happen, it all depends on you!” – Princess Tiana from Disney’s “The Princess and the Frog”
Your life can be a fairy tale! However, it’s not going to happen from wishing on a star. You have to take the driver seat in your life and go out there and reach for the stars yourself! Success in life depends entirely on us, not anyone else or a cosmic force.
3. “Remember, you’re the one who can fill the world with sunshine.” – Snow White from Disney’s “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs”
Everyone can get set in their ways and forget to smile and laugh at the small things. Remember to make a point to be that person in you and your loved one’s life to brighten things up, especially during the dark times.
4. “And the call isn’t out there at all, it’s inside me.” – Moana from Disney’s “Moana”
Moana faced rough waters when returning the heart of Te Fiti, similar to the path most of us face on the journey to our dreams. In life comes great times and not so great times, and because of this, we have to have the confidence and determination within ourselves to get through it all.
5. “Well, there’s one thing: they can’t order me to stop dreaming.” – Cinderella from Disney’s “Cinderella”
Whether you had a rough day at work, are facing rough times, or your life doesn’t seem to be as magical, remember, no one can stop you from keeping your chin up and looking forward toward the endless possibilities of the future.
6. “He wants me to be steady…like the river. But it’s not steady at all!” – Pocahontas from Disney’s “Pocahontas”
As individuals, we all hold different perspectives on life and no one can see it exactly the same way we do. Hold true to yourself and your beliefs, because no one can see things as you do.
7. “When’s it my turn? Wouldn’t I love, love to explore that shore up above?” – Ariel from Disney’s “The Little Mermaid”
In “The Little Mermaid,” Ariel dreams of one day being able to leave the ocean floor and explore the world up above, reminding us that our world is also a big place full of many possibilities and people worth finding ourselves.
8. “I want adventure in the great wide somewhere, I want it more than I can tell!” – Belle from Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast”
Like Ariel, Belle talks about a similar idea that there is much to explore in the world beyond our current sights. We have to remain open and remember that where we are today isn’t necessarily where we’re meant to be for good.
9. “How about a girl who’s got a brain, who always speaks her mind?” – Mulan from Disney’s “Mulan”
I think this quote’s importance goes without saying!
To see the original version of this article, be sure to head over to Oh My Disney.