A colorful new collectible series called Disney Wisdom is coming to shopDisney starting in January 2019, and you’ll love every month of special items.
Each month throughout the year, a new batch of collectible items inspired by a Disney character, inspirational quote, and color arrive on shopDisney. In January we saw, collectibles inspired by Dumbo land in the store.
February’s series was a collection inspired by “Mulan” featuring Mushu. February’s inspirational quote comes from The Emperor: “The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.” The Mushu plush will reportedly cost $26.95, and other items in the “Mulan” collection are available on shopDisney while supplies last.
On March 16, 2019, “Jungle Book”-themed items will be released and can be purchased on shopDisney. March’s quote is “Forget about your worries and your strife,” which was sung by the easy-going Baloo in the 1967 movie. The Baloo plush will cost $24.95, and the rest of the “Jungle Book” series will feature a mug, pin set, and a writing journal.
During the rest of the year, you can look forward to the following themes and quotes in the Disney Wisdom collection:
- April 20: Winnie the Pooh/”You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – Christopher Robin
- May 18: Pocahontas/”Sometimes the right path is not the easiest one.” – Grandmother Willow
- June 15: Beauty and the Beast/”You don’t have time to be timid. You must be bold.” – Lumiere
- July 20: Pinocchio/”Always let your conscience be your guide.” – Blue Fairy
- August 17: Bambi/”If you can’t say something nice…don’t say nothing at all.” – Thumper
- September 21: The Sword in the Stone/”Knowledge and wisdom is the real power” – Wart
- October 19: Aladdin/”Like so many things, it’s not what is outside, but what is inside that counts.” – Narrator
- November 16: The Lion King/”The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it.”- Rafiki
- December 7: Cinderella/”Even miracles take a little time.” – Fairy Godmother
New themed items arrive on the third Saturday of every month in 2019. As the current month’s items become available to purchase, the following month’s items will be revealed. To make it even more fun, you can display the collection’s limited edition pins with this canvas pennant featuring a quote from Walt Disney: “It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.”
According to INSIDER, the inspiration for the quote-based merchandise came after the success of 2018’s monthly Mickey Mouse-themed items. The first release in that collection featured a Mickey plush with Walt Disney’s quote, “I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing — that it was all started by a mouse.”