Celebrations for Mickey’s birthday take place at Disney Parks around the world this month and beyond, and since his official birthday falls on November 18, there are some extra special offerings this weekend at Disney Springs and Downtown Disney District.
Both Disney Springs at Walt Disney World and Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort are taking part in Mickey’s 90th anniversary festivities. From November 16 – 18, 2018, you can find the following limited-time offerings at Disney’s shopping and entertainment complexes on both coasts.
- The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane at Marketplace Co-Op (Disney Springs) and The Disney Dress Shop (Downtown Disney District): Pick up a new Mickey Mouse Dooney & Bourke bag as well as a matching “Mickey Through the Years” dress and MagicBand on November 18
- Ever After Jewelry Co. & Accessories (Disney Springs): Purchase Mickey’s Birthday Watch and a Sugarfina co-branded release on November 17
- World of Disney (Disney Springs & Downtown Disney District): Find event tees, a commemorative Mickey plush, and a new Sugarfina co-branded product release while supplies last
- Art of Disney (Disney Springs): On November 16, a “Celebration of the Mouse” Artist Event features Disney artists Brian Blackmore, Doug Bolly, Don “Ducky” Williams, and Darren Wilson from 6 – 9 p.m. EST. You can also catch Doug Bolly, Alex Maher, and Don “Ducky” Williams on Friday, December 7 from 6 – 9 p.m. EST and Sunday, December 9 from 12 – 3 p.m. EST.
- A “Celebration of the Mouse” Artist Event also takes place at WonderGround Gallery at Marketplace Co-Op (Disney Springs) November 16 – 18 and December 7 – 9. WonderGround artists Dave Perillo and Kristin Tercek will be available to meet Guests and sign their newest Mickey pieces November 16 – 17 from 6 – 9 p.m. EST and November 18 from 12 – 3 p.m. EST. Matt Hawkins and Bill Robinson will be appearing December 7 – 8 from 6 – 9 p.m. EST and December 9 from 12 – 3 p.m. EST.
- Curl by Sammy Duvall (Disney Springs) and Curl Surf (Downtown Disney District): The Disney x Vans collection and “Mickey the True Original” watches by Nixon help you celebrate in style.
- At PANDORA (Disney Springs and Downtown Disney District), find a limited-edition Disney dangle charm in sterling silver, detailed with a 14k gold number “90,” while supplies last. In California, the store welcomes Disney illustrator Robert Griggs on Sunday, November 18 and guests receive a special illustration featuring Mickey artwork (no purchase required).
- At Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Co. (Disney Springs), pick up the recently released Mickey’s 90th Anniversary Blend, a smooth, medium-roasted coffee that is part of the new “Disney Coffee Collection” coming soon to select Joffrey’s stores nationwide.
- Stop by Havaianas (Disney Springs) to shop a new collection with illustrations representing each decade of Mickey Mouse. “The Opening Edition Style, featuring a mix of two icons with the signature Havaianas striped sole and Mickey Mouse ears, will launch on Mickey’s birthday on November 18. A new style will be released every Monday through January 21, 2019. Expect designs that represent the playful spirit of the Havaianas brand with versions of Mickey that range from the classic Steamboat Willie, a 1970s-themed “Groovy Mickey” and a “Boy Band” version representing the 1990s,” says Disney.
- For sporty Disney style, shop the new Disney x Lacoste collection at Lacoste (Disney Springs) and visit on November 18 for an in-store event with photo backdrops, candy, and more.
- Timeless designer Levi’s (Disney Springs) created a new collection with an exclusive graphic of Mickey Mouse. The brand has partnered with Snapchat to give Disney Springs guests the chance to purchase a limited-edition Mickey Mouse hat from the new collection.
- Kids and adults will enjoy the new “Celebrate 90 Years of Mickey Mouse” shoe collection, which debuted earlier this month at Melissa Shoes (Disney Springs).
- Sunglass Hut (Disney Springs and Downtown Disney District and at other Disney Parks Sunglass Hut locations while supplies last): Disney artist Jeff Shelly created custom artwork for Ray-Ban Mickey Mouse glasses, available in both adult and “Mini Me” sizes.
- At UNIQLO (Disney Springs), shop the new “Mickey Stands Collection” and enjoy in-store entertainment from traditional Japanese drummers and brand ambassadors select weekend dates in November and December from 4 – 9 p.m. The first in-store event takes place on November 17.
- Visit Zara (Disney Springs) to shop the “Mickey’s 90th Anniversary!” kids collection of t-shirts, leggings, accessories, and more.
At both Disney Springs and Downtown Disney District, The LEGO Store hosts a LEGO Mystery Build celebrating Mickey Mouse. From November 16 – 18, guests can contribute to a LEGO mural that will ultimately reveal new artwork created especially for this celebration.
Of course, there are also some sweet snacks in store for Mickey’s birthday bash. For a limited time on both coasts, enjoy Ghirardelli’s Magical Birthday Sundae.
Over at Disney Springs, find Mickey’s Birthday Dessert at Amorette’s Patisserie and a celebratory frozen beverage, Mickey Mouse Chocolate Ganache Square, and Strawberry Ganache Mickey Lollipop at The Ganachery. There’s also a Krispie Treat Birthday Cake at Goofy’s Candy Co. and Candy Cauldron.
Also at Disney Springs, pick up complimentary buttons near the Disney Springs Christmas Tree Trail, Amorette’s Patisserie, Marketplace Co-Op, and Art of Disney. The weekend at Disney Springs also includes special photo backdrops from Disney PhotoPass, birthday music, DJs, and performers.
This weekend’s celebrations are also the perfect time to take part in the #ShareYourEars campaign. For every public photo shared on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter using #ShareYourEars, you’ll unlock a US $5 donation from Disney to Make-A-Wish (up to a total of US $2 million). To make snapping a fun photo even easier, a photo backdrop was installed on the West Side at Disney Springs and near the Downtown Disney LIVE! stage at Downtown Disney District.
With so many limited-time offerings on both coasts, you’ll be celebrating Mickey’s birthday with a jam-packed weekend of fun!