Shopping, dining and entertainment experiences found at Universal Studios Hollywood CityWalk location first arrived at the California theme park in 1993. Expansion (April 2000) enlarged the entertainment/shopping district to over 60 venues.
Separate from its adjacent theme park (and not requiring an admission ticket), this perfectly placed promenade provides additional adventures above and beyond its neighbor, Universal Studios Hollywood. In addition to the wide range of dining options, shopping stops, and engaging entertainment, the mall-like district has been known to feature street performer for additional ambiance.
Unlike its Florida counterpart, guests entering Universal Studios CityWalk Hollywood do not have to traverse the shops and restaurants to reach a theme park. This Hollywood hip happening hangout features engaging entertainment experiences, diverse dining destinations and several shopping spots.
Delightful diversions like live entertainment, airborne adventure and cinema screens all call CityWalk home.
iFly Indoor Skydiving – with the help of a vertical wind tunnel, adventurers can experience the thrill of skydiving without the use of an airplane or parachute. This windy wonder is not recommended for fliers under the age of three.
Howl at the Moon – rock and roll requests power the dance floor as a pair of pianists perform requests. Perfect for special occasions or keeping the fun going after the theme park closes for the day.
Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville – in addition to famous paradise placed dairy topped chopped beef and land shark lager, this song-themed dining diversion comes complete with a live band. Island music is the theme, pairing well with the casual atmosphere.
Universal Cinema – Motion picture magic might manifest next door within thrilling theme park attractions, however, AMC offers 19 screens of the latest full-length feature films. 18 theaters with reclining, reservable seats and Dolby Atmos audio share the venue with a state of the art 12 audio channel, 4K, laser projection IMAX auditorium.
Grabbing grub at CityWalk can be as simple as walk up counter service or as elegant as a relaxed full service sit down meal. Of course, there’s also a treasure trove of treats to tempt to the taste buds too!
Quick snacks, sweet or savory, easily obtainable on the way in or out of the theme park. These delicious delights also make a great after meal dessert of pre-movie munchie. Ben and Jerry’s ice cream, Cinnabon, Menchie’s frozen yogurt, Jamba Juice, Mini Monster bobba tea, Popcornopolis, Sparky’s Mini Donuts and Chocolates, Starbucks Coffee, Voodoo Doughnut and Wetzel’s Pretzels all offer quick bites to calm a rumbling tummy.
Quick Service Cuisine
For a fast meal with easy ordering, any of these ten taste bud teaser counter service selections make dine and dash an easy accomplishment. These include Blaze Pizza, The Crepe Cafe, KFC/Pizza Hut Express, Ludo Bird, Panda Express, Pink’s Famous Hot Dogs, Poke’ Bar, Smash Burger, Subway and Taco Bell.
FULL SERVICE FEASTING
A collection eleven exciting casual dining options round out the festival of food found at CityWalk, Hollywood. Relaxed restaurants like Hard Rock Café and Bubba Gump Shrimp Company join exotic eateries like Camcho’s Cantina and Dongpo Kitchen (Chinese cuisine).
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Company – shrimp and Southern comfort food made famous in the film “Forrest Gump” are just a part of the menu.
- Buca di Beppo – Incredible Italian dishes served in an eclectic atmosphere make Buca Di Beppo a perfect place for friends and family to break bread.
- Camacho’s Cantina – Mexican meals and décor make mealtime enchanting. Early arrival is recommended for those hoping to enjoy the live mariachi music.
- Dongpo Kitchen – Direct from China, this first location in the United States serves sumptuous Sichuanese dishes in a casual setting.
- Hard Rock Café Hollywood – famous for rock-n-roll and amazing burgers, American fare feeds those feasting at this colorful café.
- Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville – 13 different magical margarita’s, coconut shrimp and volcano nachos are just a few of the featured finds here.
- Johnny Rockets – Malts, fries and burgers bring smiles to hungry faces in this delightful diner.
- Karl Strauss Brewing Company – handcrafted, flagship brews (10 different varieties on tap) are the centerpiece for this casual corner. Super suds are joined by a host of the pub fare food options.
- Samba Brazilian – Famous cheese bread, 10 different types of meat and a Sunday brunch are just a few of the amazing finds at this superb steakhouse. Samba dancers set the carnival atmosphere.
- Tony Roma’s – Steaks, Ribs, “Romaritas” and more manage to soothe healthy appetites at this well recognized American steakhouse.
- Wasabi at CityWalk – Sushi, teriyaki, and tempura is accompanied by top shelf sake and Japanese beer.
Along with the dining and entertainment excitement, Hollywood’s CitiWalk welcomes visitors with two dozen shopping selections. Shoes, sports team gear, comic collectables and unique gifts greet guests.
- Abercrombie & Fitch – Features name brand, casual American style.
- ANGL – sells trendy, Southern California casual and clubbing attire along with accessories and jewelry.
- Billabong – beach and sports attire can be found here.
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. – is famous for “Forrest Gump” featured souvenirs.
- Dodgers Clubhouse Store – is the official store for Los Angeles professional baseball team offers team clothes and collectables.
- Element – men’s and woman’s casual clothing, shoes and skateboard gear can be found here.
- Flip Flop Shops – is home to hundreds of sandal style shoe selections.
- Fossil – famous for fine watches from hip to professional in style.
- Francesca’s – features unique gifts, home décor and jewelry.
- Guess – everything to do with this popular brand from clothing to luggage is sold here.
- Hard Rock Café – Retail Store – is ready with rock and roll related collectables and souvenirs.
- Hot Topic – peruse pop culture paradise and musical inspired merchandise at this trendy sore.
- Lids – has you covered with hats of all sorts.
- Locker Room by Lids – is stocked with team jerseys, novelties and more from pro sports clubs.
- Los Angeles Sock Market – showcases scores of socks in all styles and colors.
- Nectar Bath Treats – stocks whimsical bakery inspired bath bombs, body scrubs, and assorted skin care products.
- The Raider Image – official Oakland Raider retail store sells all things silver and black.
- Sephora – find complimentary classes, advice and make-overs accompany quality make-up and beauty products.
- Shoe Palace – offers name brand footwear and tee-shirts.
- Skechers – peruse and purchase casual clothing and assorted shoe selections within this recognized retailer.
- Sublime Gifts & Finds – tempts shoppers with unique ceramics, brilliant books and handcrafted candles.
- IT’SUGAR – candy of all sorts, along with ticked out treat tee shirts and pusheen plushies make this a sweet spot to shop.
- Things from Another World – its entrance ‘guarded’ by a giant robot, pop culture treasures and collectables reside within this comic book store.
- Universal Studio Store – from Minions to Wizarding World wonders -Universal Studios’ gear and collectables line the walls and shelves.
- Zen Zone – includes and Oxygen bar, herbal teas and a massage treatment.
CityWalk Hollywood is located at 100 Universal City Plaza in Universal City California. This dining, shopping and entertainment district does not require an admission ticket. Parking prices range from $5 (for those attending a movie – must get refund from theater; parking voucher and movie ticket required), to $45 (for over two hours of Valet parking), see website for details (additional discounts, for those dining at full service restaurants, are available for valet parking).