Rock and roll covers on “Disney Super Guitar” exceed every expectation for covering cartoon classics like “When You Wish Upon a Star,” “Someday My Prince Will Come,” “A Whole New World.” Released this past April, the album renders recognizable rowdy rock renditions of 10 Disney favorites.
“Disney Super Guitar” delivers delicious rock anthem-powered pleasure with every note. Superbly satisfying shreds by six string superstars like Zakk Wylde, Orianthi, Jeff Watson and Ritchie Kotzen, an others, demand full volume playback.
This past April, Walt Disney Records assembled an amazing collection of covers. Providing pure guitar bliss, brought to life by a who’s who of accomplished performers, “Disney Super Guitar” graciously gives rock and roll fans must-have musical magic.
This album’s all instrumental variations make up a ten-song power playlist of perfect performances. Each expertly crafted cover emerges without flaw, ensuring not a single selection fails to find favor. Of course, “Super Guitar” owes this outstanding accomplishment to its amazing list of talent:
- Ozzy Osbourne guitarist Zakk Wylde (“Beauty and the Beast”) also of Black Label Society.
- Mr. Big co-founder Paul Gilbert (“Under the Sea”) performs as part of Racer X.
- Guitarist/Producer/Arranger Tak Matsumoto (“When You Wish Upon a Star”) is also a Grammy Award-winning artist.
- In addition to solo albums “Sonic Stomp” and “Sonic Stomp II”, Mike Orlando (“A Whole New World”) has performed with Zakk Wylde and Bumblefoot.
- Orianthi (“Someday My Prince Will Come”) performs, on tour, with Alice Cooper. She was also supposed to tour with Michael Jackson, but due to the King of Pop’s untimely demise, that tour didn’t take place.
- Currently performing as Lynch Mob, George Lynch (“Hellfire”) is also a veteran of 80’s metal band Dokken.
- In addition to recording several solo albums, Ritchie Kotzen (“Can You Feel the Love Tonight”) rocked out with Poison from 1991-1993.
- Former lead guitarist for Night Ranger, Jeff Watson (“Colors of the Wind”) also provided guitar support for Dennis DeYoung (Styx) when on tour
- Theofilos Zendis, better known as Phil X, (“Chim Chim Cher-ee”) replaced Richie Sambora as lead guitarist for Bon Jovi in 2016.
- In addition to composing the score for numerous horror movies, Ron Thai (“Reflection”) has performed with Guns and Roses. He is better known as Ron Bumblefoot when performing with his band Sons of Apollo.
“Disney Super Guitar” contains 10 terrific tunes, all of which are rowdy renditions of favored Disney delights. The album is available, for $9.49 on Amazon for download (or listen free with Prime Music).