Loews Hotels at Universal Orlando is introducing Flavor by Loews Hotels, an innovative food and beverage experience serving up some of the best of Florida’s local flavor at each hotel. Rolling out nationally across the brand, Flavor by Loews Hotels is built on partnerships with artisan food and beverage vendors ranging from bakers to gelato makers to brewmasters.
Specialty products are showcased on menus across the brand’s portfolio, letting guests experience a taste of the destination without ever having to step off property. Loews Hotels is one of the first hotel brands to embrace local partnerships on a national scale, satisfying guests’ desires to immerse themselves in the destination, bite-by-bite and sip-by-sip.
Three of the on-site hotels at Universal Orlando Resort – Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, Loews Royal Pacific Resort and Loews Sapphire Falls Resort – are showcasing the best of Florida’s neighborhood food and drink artisans as part of the new program. The offerings let guests truly dine like a local in the middle of all the action and excitement at Universal Orlando Resort.
At Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, guests can enjoy the tastes of Italy featuring products from these partners:
• Olde Hearth Bread Company (Casselberry) – Specializes in handmade, high-quality artisan breads, which guests can enjoy at Sal’s Market Deli.
• Duomo Gelato (Tampa) – Uses fresh, premium ingredients and a secret Italian recipe to create rich, creamy gelatos. The hotel serves more than 50 irresistible flavors at Gelateria on the Harbor Piazza.
• Accomplice Brewery & Ciderworks (West Palm Beach) – Produces handcrafted, fruit-infused hard ciders, including a special lemon basil cider exclusive to the hotel served at most of the hotel’s restaurants and bars.
At Loews Royal Pacific Resort, guests can delight in the flavors of the South Pacific made with ingredients sourced from:
• Crooked Can Brewing Company (Winter Garden) – A local favorite known for its quality craft beers and laid back vibe. Jake’s American Bar serves four of Crooked Can’s popular brews.
• Webb’s Honey (Orlando) – Makes a variety of delectable honeys used in sauces and dressings for menu items in Islands Dining Room and Jake’s American Bar.
• Kissimmee River Mushrooms (Okeechobee) – Grows colorful oyster mushrooms for select dishes in Islands Dining Room and Bula Bar & Grille.
At Loews Sapphire Falls Resort, guests can savor authentic Caribbean recipes featuring ingredients from partners that include:
• Pure Produce (Sebastian) – A family-owned hydroponic farm that grows high-quality, fresh vegetables without the use of machines. Guests can enjoy the produce in dishes served at Amatista Cookhouse, Strong Water Tavern and Drhum Club Kantine.
• St. Augustine Distillery (St. Augustine) – Rum from this community-owned craft distillery is featured in the Fountain of Youth cocktail at Strong Water Tavern.
• Palmetto Creek Farms (Avon Park) – A cornerstone of Caribbean cuisine, this pork comes from a family-owned and operated producer known for its natural, high-quality product. It can be found in menu items throughout the hotel and at the weekly Caribbean Carnaval dinner show.
Flavor by Loews Hotels is one of many ways guests can savor the adventure and enjoy the special benefits of staying at Universal Orlando Resort. Guests at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, Loews Royal Pacific Resort and Loews Sapphire Falls Resort are just a short walk, complimentary water taxi or shuttle bus ride away from all three Universal Orlando theme parks. They also receive an exclusive package of theme park benefits, including Early Park Admission to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Universal’s Volcano Bay one hour before the theme parks open.