Lucasfilm’s “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” — the next action-packed chapter of the Star Wars saga — earned critical acclaim and was the highest grossing film of 2017. The visually stunning film welcomes the return of original characters, including Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, Yoda, R2-D2 and C-3PO and further explores the deepening journey of the saga’s new members, Rey, Finn, Poe, and Kylo Ren.
Now, ahead of this week’s Blu-ray release of the new film, fans can enjoy a look at some of the concept art and bonus clips from “Star Wars: The Last Jedi.”
The newly released concept art includes:
Scenes from Crait
Luke and Yoda’s meeting
The bonus clips revealed ahead of the Blu-ray release include a scene from the movie in which Luke Skywalker is reunited with Yoda, a clip from “The Director and the Jedi,” in which director Rian Johnson discusses the challenges Luke faces and three behind-the-scenes looks at how Johnson and his team created the showdown on Crait.
WATCH – YODA VISITS LUKE:
WATCH – LUKE’S INTERNAL STRUGGLE:
WATCH – PEACE & PURPOSE:
WATCH – THE NEW WALKER:
WATCH – WORLD OF WHITE AND RED:
Other bonus features from the Blu-ray include:
- The Director and the Jedi – Go deep behind the scenes with writer-director Rian Johnson on an intimate and personal journey through the production of the movie—and experience what it’s like to helm a global franchise and cultural phenomenon.
- Balance of the Force – Explore the mythology of the Force and why Rian Johnson chose to interpret its role in such a unique way.
- Lighting the Spark: Creating the Space Battle – Get a close-up look at the epic space battle, from the sounds that help propel the action, through the practical and visual effects, to the characters who bring it all to life.
- Snoke and Mirrors – Motion capture and Star Wars collide as the filmmakers take us through the detailed process of creating the movie’s malevolent master villain.
- Showdown on Crait – Break down everything that went into creating the stunning world seen in the movie’s final confrontation, including the interplay between real-word locations and visual effects, reimagining the walkers, designing the crystal foxes, and much more.
- Andy Serkis Live! (One Night Only) – Writer-director Rian Johnson presents two exclusive sequences from the movie featuring Andy Serkis’ riveting, raw on-set performance before his digital makeover into Snoke.
- Deleted Scenes – With an introduction and optional commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
- Audio Commentary – View the movie with in-depth feature audio commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
“Star Wars: The Last Jedi” will be available on Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD March 27.