With conversation hearts and assorted other Valentine’s Day confections and creations on the shelves (since Christmas?), it’s time to turn our attention to the annual day of romance.
We’ve tracked down several cleverly crafted, theme park influenced Valentine DIY projects from around the web. Fashioning these 12 festive frivolities for the February 14th holiday can be a fantastic, fun family activity.
The Magic of Disney
Inspired by the Walt Disney Company’s collection of theme parks, these first six items have ties to the characters calling those parks home.
Exchanging Valentine’s Day cards in school is a popular tradition. These two magical mailboxes provide a place to receive and collect the cute cards.
1. Disney Princesses are ready to receive your cards with this Valentine Mailbox.
2. Mike and Sully from “Monsters Inc.” power these Valentine mailboxes.
3. Play it cool with a “Frozen” Inspired Valentine’s Card.
Mickey and Minnie Mouse take center stage for these next two soft and sweet treats.
4. A pair of Mickey & Minnie Valentine plush toys is crafted from socks.
5. These Mickey & Minnie Valentine Candy Apples look just like the ones found in the candy shops in the parks.
DIY droid delights are the theme of the following “Star Wars” creations.
6. The Force is strong with this clever sliding BB-8 Valentine’s greeting card.
Universal Studios’ theme park characters play a role in inspiring the next set of holiday fun.
Cast a spell with enchanted chocolates and perfect potions powered by inspiration from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
7. Harry Potter Golden Snitch Valentine treats are sure to score winning points.
8. A Harry Potter Amortentia Love Potion could be just the magic needed for Valentine’s Day.
Mayhem may not be the first thing that comes to mind for Valentine’s Day, but when Minions are involved, chaos is common.
9. This “One in a Minion” treat takes Twinkies to a new level (bonus use Banana flavored Twinkies).
10. Patience and a steady hand are needed to make these Minion Valentine Cookies.
11. Beloved Betty Boop is the focal point of this glittery Valentine bottle.
12. Show your Nintendo love with this Mario & Peach Valentine Charm.
From love spells to creative candy making and minions to mice; a delightful dozen festive frivolities for the February 14th holiday are sure to make Valentine’s Day fun for the whole family or special someone. Taking the time to cleverly craft candies and surprises offers the opportunity to personalize and perfect projects to your preference. These DIY delights can evoke happy memories of past visits, announce an upcoming visit or enhance a February trip to your favorite Disney or Universal theme park.
Source and images: YouTube