With only a few days left in 2017, it’s time to solidify your New Year’s Eve plans. If you’re in Southern California on December 31, theme parks offer a great way to ring in 2018 with both family-friendly and adult-minded options.
Ring in 2018 with special dual performances of Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks at 9:00 PM and midnight in Disneyland Park. You can also take part in the New Year’s Eve Countdown Celebration at Sleeping Beauty Castle from 8:00 PM – 12:30 AM.
Over at Disney California Adventure, enjoy the “Fountains and Fireworks” Countdown to 2018 extravaganza at Paradise Pier. As a DJ pumps up the music, a gigantic display spanning Mickey’s Fun Wheel stands ready to signal the beginning of 2018.
To see the full event schedule for December 31, visit the Disneyland website.
UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD
Like its Florida counterpart, Universal Studios Hollywood celebrates the New Year with EVE. Dance the night away at one of three live entertainment areas, enjoy three synchronized fireworks displays throughout the park, and indulge in specialty desserts, beer, wine, and champagne.
The EVE event is included with all December 31 park admissions and there is no age minimum.
For more information, visit the Universal Studios Hollywood website.
SEAWORLD SAN DIEGO
SeaWorld San Diego rings in 2018 with a family-friendly Lunar New Year event where you can celebrate with Pan-Asian entertainment and food. Since 2018 is the Year of the Dog, the park has an all-new Puppy Garden, where you can cuddle and take photos with some adorable pups.
For more information, visit the SeaWorld San Diego website.
Just like at its Florida park, LEGOLAND is offering a Kids’ New Year’s Eve event. Midnight comes early for the younger crowd with a party and countdown to fireworks at 6:00 PM.
For more information, visit the LEGOLAND California website.
KNOTT’S BERRY FARM
The countdown to 2018 at Knott’s Berry Farm includes the following entertainment:
- Jumpin’ Joz Band and Memories Swing Dancers
- Reindeer Rockers Duo will invite guests to rock around the Christmas tree with rock and blues versions of classic Christmas songs at the all-new Boardwalk BBQ Restaurant.
- DJ Howly brings the party to the farm for a special New Year’s celebration, with high energy music and dancing taking place at the Calico Mine Stage.
- Krazy Kirk and the Hillbillies, four country boys from deep in the hills of Anaheim will have the crowd’s toes tappin’, hands clappin’ and guts bustin’.
- Family-friendly comedian Chipper Lowell brings his hilarious comedy, magic and audience participation at the Birdcage Theatre.
- DJ JC teaches guests how to salsa and dance their way to the New Year with the top Hispanic hits of the decade in Fiesta Village.
- Midnight Fireworks Spectacular, guests can ring in the New Year with a bang as the park’s skies wonderfully light up for an aerial fireworks display that will leave the young and young at heart in awe.
Guest can also enjoy a New Year’s Eve Buffet at Spur’s Restaurant from 4:00 PM – 10:00 PM. Prices are $34.99+tax for adults, $29.99 for Seniors (62 and over) and $18.99+ tax for kids (11 and under).
For more information, visit the Knott’s Berry Farm website.
Whichever way you choose to celebrate your SoCal New Year’s Eve, have a safe and happy night!