Disney and Dole Food Company have had a long and fruitful (no pun intended) relationship thanks to the presence of the pineapple-flavored soft-serve dessert Dole Whip in the company’s American theme parks and resorts. Now Dole is collaborating with the Disney-owned movie studio Lucasfilm to bring “Star Wars” together with its assortment of healthy fruits and vegetables.
Expect to see packaging on Dole products (including bananas, pineapples, strawberries, blueberries, and even cauliflower) representing characters and imagery for the upcoming film “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” popping up soon in both American and Canadian supermarkets.
In addition to the attractive new labels, Dole and Disney are partnering to launch the “Unite for a Healthy Galaxy” campaign, encouraging families to eat better across an 18-week initiative by suggesting twelve original “Star Wars”-inspired recipes (easily made from Dole products, of course) which will become available to the public starting the week of October 9th.
- First Order Smoothie (Fruit Smoothie inspired by the Stormtroopers)
- Wookiee Noodles (Chicken and pineapple stir-fry inspired by Chewbacca)
- Beepin’ Colada (Coconut and Greek yogurt jars inspired by R2-D2)
- Threepio Salad (Fruit and quinoa salad inspired by C-3PO)
- Praetorian Guards a Poke (Pineapple poke bowl inspired by the Praetorian Guards)
- BB-8 Roundabout Sundae (Pineapple ice cream sundae inspired by BB-8)
- Captain Phasma Salad (Fruit, pecan and spinach salad inspired by Captain Phasma)
- Porgs & Greens (Thai steamed vegetables inspired by the Porgs)
- Tatooine Blue Milk (Coconut banana smoothie inspired by Luke Skywalker and the Millennium Falcon)
- The Resistance Salad (Shrimp and pineapple salad inspired by the X-Wing Starfighters)
- Frozen Fighter Pops (Fresh fruit popsicles inspired by the TIE Fighters)
- Gorilla Walker Greens (Tuna and pineapple spring salad inspired by the Gorilla Walkers)
Fans should also look out for the “Unite for a Healthy Galaxy Sweepstakes,” in which grocery shoppers can scan Dole products, collect various “The Last Jedi” content, and enter to win a remote-controlled BB-8 or “Star Wars” figurines.
After it launches this Sunday, Dole’s “Unite for a Healthy Galaxy” promotion will run through mid-February. Be sure to visit the company’s official website for more information.