Howl-O-Scream returns for 19 terrifying nights at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay. This year’s Halloween event features two new haunted houses, five scare zones, unique experiences on the park’s thrill rides and plenty of creatures roaming in the night.
Howl-O-Scream 2017 includes the following new haunted houses:
- Undead Arena: Live – In a post-apocalyptic world, survivors of the Great Conflict have been divided into The Worthy and The Unworthy. Now for sport, you are The Unworthy and the stars of a gruesome event at the Undead Arena: Live. Invaded with Brain Eaters, this gauntlet is an almost impossible feat -with no guarantee that your group will stay together.
- Demented Dimensions – Constructed above a vortex of otherworldly energies, the abandoned Sterling Manor hold doors to unwanted worlds, creating a series of portals in Demented Dimensions. Every room and hallway leads to a different universe where the rules of your world do not apply and escape is nearly impossible.
Three new scares zones are included this year as well:
- Facebook Fans Name Scare Zone – See what happens when savage school kids punish their cruel headmaster. This year, Howl-O-Scream is giving Facebook fans the power to choose the name of an abandoned schoolhouse-inspired scare zone. Voting starts August 17 on the Howl-O-Scream Facebook page and ends Wednesday, August 30. The results will be announced the following day.
- Carnie Camp – The backstage area of an old carnival breathes new life with its dirty inhabitants. Eerie street-fair music fills the air, as spine-chilling fairground performers prowl for new test subjects to be featured in the next spectacle of this horrid attraction.
- Meat Market – Watch a band of sinister and cannibalistic creatures feast on the weak. They might just smell your fear and add you to their monstrous menu.
Even the thrill rides won’t be safe as popular attractions like Cobra’s Curse will be infested with creatures that will take up the empty seat next to you!
Howl-O-Scream 2017 runs select nights from September 22 through October 29. For tickets and information, visit the event’s official website.