Foodies, mark those calendars! On October 27 and 28, the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic will be back for its eighth year. This year’s menu will feature favorites from the hotel’s signature restaurants and specialty themed areas, and we have to admit that it is looking good!
As usual, tickets give attendees unlimited “tastings” from more than 50 stations offering delicious culinary concoctions and wines from over 30 different wineries. Upgraded tickets give access to a German beer garden where Oktoberfest cuisine and craft beers are there for the taking, and the highlights from the 2017 event menu are as follows:
- Kobe beef mini burgers with truffle aioli, Applewood smoked bacon and roma tomato chutney from The Fountain
- seared Yellowfin Tuna salad from Todd English’s bluezoo
- ricotta gnocchi with wild mushrooms, baby spinach and fennel sausage from Il Mulino Trattoria
- oven-roasted beef ribeye with mashed potatoes and sauce bordelaise from Shula’s Steakhouse
- dragon sushi roll from Kimonos
- fish ‘n’ chips with sea salt and vinegar potato chips from Garden Grove
Carnival Corner and Chinatown, the popular specialty cuisine areas of last year’s event, will be returning again along with the Sunday Bubbles Brunch on October 29. Though, that’s not everything. Those great hands-on seminars with the skilled chefs of Swan and Dolphin and certified beverage experts will be happening too.
Overnight and multiple-night packages can be part of the deal if you choose. Those can be booked by calling 1-888-828-8850. Packages start at $424 and include accommodations and two tickets to the festival (sans the seminar and beer garden upgrades).
Individual tickets for the event can be purchased at Swan Dolphin Food and Wine Classic. We’ll see you there!