The new Disney Vacation Club section of Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort has been under construction for some time, but a little piece of it is finally ready to open. Geyser Point Bar & Grill, located in the back of the resort and near Bay Lake, will begin welcoming guests into its rustic quarters as of today.
The establishment is in line with the Pacific Northwest theming that Wilderness Lodge is known for, featuring natural materials in its design such as hard woods and natural stone.
Artisanal beverages that draw from Pacific Northwest brewers and distilleries will be a prominent feature on the beverage menu. Likewise a selection of wines that focus on heritage varietals hailing from the same area will be available.
Small plates will be another piece to the Geyser Point Bar & Grill menu. You’ll find items like:
- Crispy Fried Oysters with Miso tartar Sauce
- Edamame with Chili Salt
- Cheesy Barbecue Brisket with House-Made Chips
- “Shrimp on a Wire” with Miso-Lime Vinaigrette
- Togarashi, Shishito Peppers, and Chili-Aioli
- Salmon Rillettes with Sourdough Crisps
- Handcrafted Charcuterie
Geyser Point Bar & Grill’s will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast consists of hearty, traditional breakfast foods like scrambled eggs with sausage and bacon as well as items that appeal to more refined palates such as crab cakes Benedict and maple-cinnamon pancakes. Lighter options include seasonal fruit served with lavender honey-yogurt and steel-cut oatmeal and toppings. A kids menu is also available.
According to Disney Parks Blog, the quick-service lunch and dinner menu, available at the restaurant’s walk-up window includes:
- Bison burger with Tillamook Cheddar, sweet onion straws and marionberry barbecue sauce
- Classic bacon burger with Tillamook Cheddar
- House-smoked turkey sandwich with cranberry mayonnaise
- Lump crab cake sandwich with house-made Canadian bacon and spicy cabbage-carrot slaw
- Grilled salmon BLT with lemon-caper mayonnaise
- Salad with grilled Portobello, zucchini, roasted red peppers, tomato and multi-grain salad with goat cheese dressing
- Grilled chicken or salmon with arugula and romaine, apples, seasonal berries, hazelnuts and red wine vinaigrette
- Seasonal fruit plate with lavender honey yogurt
- For dessert there’s seasonal pie and a chocolate brownie mousse with caramel popcorn and toasted meringue
Kids’ all-day menu:
- Grilled chicken strips with dipping sauces, apple or veggie sticks
- Finger Food Sampler with sliced smoked turkey, Tillamook Cheddar, spiced apple jam, grape tomatoes and sourdough crisps.