Sure, you want to go to Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights and get the pants scared off of you. Sure, you want to eat, drink and be merry in one of the most outrageous theme park events of the year. But do you know what kind of awesome packages and experiences are available? Well, the good folks over at Universal Orlando Resort have spelled out each amazing package to help you get the most out of your Horror Nights experience!
Here’s an abridged version of what they dropped on their blog:
Unmasking the Horror Tour
- Daytime, lights-on tour of 3-6 of the houses (depending on if you do a single or combination tour) where you get a behind-the-scenes look into how the Art & Design team transforms the biggest names in horror into the event’s haunted houses
- These tours are SCAREACTOR FREE—no scares, no monsters, just pure appreciation of the year-long effort that goes in to creating these incredibly detailed houses. You’re welcome, HHN-is-too-scary crowd.
- Guests can take pictures on the tour. This is social media gold for the month of October (take THAT, pumpkin carvers!)
Halloween Horror Nights Scareactor Dining Experience
- Halloween Horror Nights Scareactor Dining returns for its second year. It includes an all-you-care-to-eat-buffet (four words: carving station and pie) and the opportunity for photos with Scareactors from this year’s event, including Chance herself!
- Since the event is at night, and the Scareactors are doing what they do best during the event—terrifying innocent bystanders—the opportunity to meet and get pictures with them in a well-lit restaurant is too good to pass up.
Halloween Horror Nights Express
- One thing any regular attendee already knows is that this event is REALLY popular. To maximize your time, you can get an Halloween Horror Nights Express Pass to skip the regular lines at the houses AND participating rides and attractions. That “whoosh” sound is you flying through your night.
- Priority VIP entry into all of the haunted houses (this, for me, always excludes all clown-related houses but it’s okay to sit one out and talk to the Tour Guide about where other clowns might be lurking. In case you’re wondering, they won’t give you their light-up sword for protection even if you ask nicely).
- Commemorative Halloween Horror Nights lanyard and credential (it GLOWS IN THE DARK, you guys)
- Pre-tour reception including appetizers and a cash bar
- Reserved seating at Bill & Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure
- Top off your night with The Repository – Universal Orlando’s cutting-edge, terrifying virtual reality experience at Halloween Horror Nights.
- Your biggest fears will be tested as you embark on a spine-chilling journey that combines virtual reality technology with immersive real-life storytelling. You’ll encounter real-life characters in highly themed physical environments, while working together in teams of four to uncover a paranormal mystery told through the use of the cutting-edge technology.
- The Repository is available during all Halloween Horror Nights events, beginning Sept. 29 and running through Oct. 31. Trust me when I say, you won’t want to miss out on this one.
Sounds like no matter which additional benefit you choose, you’re in for the time of your life — er — afterlife. So which one of these will you choose, if any? Let me know in the comments below, and stick with Inside the Magic for all things Halloween Horror Nights!