With the sudden announcement back in May that Disney Infinity would be discontinued, there was also a matter of how long their vast online content would still be available.
Today the Disney Infinity sent out an email to Toy Box builders detailing the timeline for when online services and community features would shut down.
“Our goal has been to offer extended access to these services, while also providing clear communication about what you can expect,” reads the email.
“The console versions of Disney Infinity will continue to operate as usual with full access to figures and play sets only with the exception of community content features and online multiplayer. Until September 30, 2016, Community Content will still be available and you will be able to upload and download any of your favorite Toy Box creations.”
However, as of September 30 players will no long be able to log in and play the PC, iOS, Google Android and Amazon Android versions of Disney Infinity, nor will they be available to download on their respective App Stores, including the Apple TV version. Furthermore, all online features and community services for the console versions will go offline by March of 2017.
Below is the complete timeline as provided by Disney Infinity:
As of today (July 29, 2016)
- No in-game purchases can be made within the PC, Steam version of Disney Infinity 2.0, iOS, Google Android, Amazon Android and Apple TV versions of the game as this feature has now been removed
- You can continue to make in-game purchases within the Steam version of Disney Infinity 3.0.
As of September 30, 2016
- You will no longer be able to log in to play the PC, iOS, Google Android and Amazon Android versions of Disney Infinity, these will no longer be available on the respective app stores
- The Steam versions of Disney Infinity 2.0 & 3.0 will remain operational with the exception of all online services and community features as these will be discontinued
- Apple TV versions of Disney Infinity will be removed from the AppStore
- The Disney Infinity Community team will no longer be reviewing or approving any new Toy Boxes that are submitted to Disney for all console, mobile and PC versions of the game. However if you are playing on any console, Apple TV or Windows 8/10 versions of the game, you can continue to download your favorite Toy Boxes from the Community Content section until March 3, 2017
As of January 3, 2017
- No in-game purchases can be made within the Windows 8/10 versions of the game as this feature will be removed
As of March 3, 2017
- Apple TV and Windows 8/10 versions will no longer be available, supported or playable
- All Disney Infinity online services and community features for all versions will be discontinued
If you need more information on Disney Infinity and what’s going offline, check out their FAQ.