Epcot’s annual Flower and Garden Festival is much longer this year, being extended all the way to May 30th, so we have plenty of time left to enjoy this fun festival.
As many know, the festival doesn’t just feature flowers and gardens anymore, but also plenty of delectable food offerings. The World Showcase has a large assortment of food kiosks out just for the festival featuring every type of food you could imagine. I’m going to share with you my five picks of tasty treats you just have to try at the festival, both savory and sweet.
1. Watermelon Salad with Pickled Onions, B&W Gourmet Farms Baby Argula, Feta and Balsamic Reduction accompanied with Avive Natural Peach Sparkling Wine from the Urban Farm Eats kiosk
This food offering is the poster child for what the Flower and Garden Festival stands for. Fresh, natural produce in a perfect combination with each other. The salad has just the perfect amount of every ingredient and you are given a pretty big portion too. The sparkling wine has a real unique and flavorful peach taste that is just delicious.
2. Macaron Chocolat Framboise, Large Raspberry Macaron with Chocolate Fudge and Raspberry Jam from the Fleur de Lys kiosk
Macarons are definitely one of the most trendiest desserts right now, probably because of their cute and colorful appearance. While you can always find plenty of macarons inside the France Pavilion this baby is a unique one. A perfect blend of sweet raspberry and dark chocolate makes sure that this dessert doesn’t become too much of a good thing. It also gets an added bonus for the cool newspaper wrapping.
3. Shrimp and Stone-ground Grits with Andouille Sausage, Sweet Corn, Tomatoes and Cilantro from the Florida Fresh kiosk
You can’t come and visit Florida without trying some of the yummy southern food that can be found in this state. The Florida Fresh kiosk offers up this savory classic in a fresh new way. They don’t skimp on the shrimp either, but be warned, the sausage this comes with has a kick to it!
4. Frushi – Fresh Pineapple, Strawberry and Melon Rolled with Raspberry Coconut Rice, sprinkled with Toasted Coconut and Whipped Cream on the side from the Hanami kiosk
This is an oldie but a popular one. A mainstay since the beginning of the festival this may be the most unique sushi you will ever try and it doubles as a dessert. It also makes for the prettiest pictures with its pink and white color combo.
5. Jerk-spice Grouper of Chicken with Mango Salsa, Chayote and Green Papaya Slaw with Lime-Cilantro Vinaigrette from the La Isla Fresca
This is a new food offering for this year and one of the best! My favorite is the grouper, but I hear the chicken is delicious too. The mango salsa and green papaya slaw are what makes this menu item so good. The salsa is quite sweet and the slaw a bit bitter, so together they work perfect. Definitely one to try!
As you can imagine, picking just five must-try items from the Flower and Garden Festival is very hard as there are tons of incredibly awesome items on the menu. I’d love to hear your favorite recommendations! Comment in the post below.