The California Grill is know as one of the best views of all of the Walt Disney World’s dining experiences. Beginning on February 7th in 2016, the California Grill will begin serving “Brunch at the Top.” This Sunday brunch will be the first time ever that the restaurant will be open for daytime dining.
Served at the top floor of Disney’s Contemporary Resort, guests dining will have a bird’s-eye view of Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot and Disney’s resort hotels. And now this new Sunday brunch opens the beautiful restaurant for daytime dining for the first time ever.
The main course list includes these delectable options:
- Pan-Fried Buttermilk Organic Chicken Cutlet with Haricots Verts, Toasted Almonds, Frisée, Beurre Noisette;
- Sweet Potato Pancakes with Caramelized Heirloom Apples, Dried Cranberry and Raisin Compote, Vanilla
- Custard, Warm Canadian Maple Syrup;
- Shrimp and Grits, Gulf White Shrimp with Tillamook Cheddar Grits, Spicy Tomato Broth,
Espellette-Spiced Tomato Ragout;
- Poached Lobster Benedict with Butter-Poached Tail, Two Soft-Poached Eggs, Honey Ham,
Yuzu Hollandaise, Marble Potato Hash;
- Chef’s Frittata with Three Lake Meadow Farms Eggs, Florida Heirloom Tomatoes, Roasted Poblanos, Chorizo, Creamy Goat Cheese, Marble Potato Hash;
- Grilled Flat Iron Steak with Soft Poached Eggs, Chimichurri, Marble Potato Hash and Charred Red Onion.
“Brunch at the Top” also features mini-desserts like macarons and chocolate truffles. Yum!
The restaurant has a very modern design, for those who have dined at night, but during the daytime, guests have the chance to truly take in the details of the design. The carpet was inspired by Disney Legend Mary Blair’s sketches, who created iconic Disney attraction characters such as “it’s a small world.”
Cost is $80 for 12 and up. Ages 3 to 11 can eat for $48. Reservations open December 16, and can be made by visiting DisneyWorld.com/dine or by calling 407-WDW-DINE.