The new Harambe Market area has now removed its construction walls and are set to debut in late May at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Walt Disney World.
Recreating the bustling center of commerce in a colonial-era train depot design with a 1960s water tower, the marketplace offers African-inspired street food at four counter service windows and over 200 shaded seats.
Chef Lenny DeGeorge says, “it’s the sort of food you’d find in a street market in Africa. The menus reflect the unique personalities of the establishments’ owners”.
Below is a sneak peek of what the different counter service windows will have to offer:
Wanjohi Refreshments will offer beverages including:
- Six South African wines by the glass
- Safari Amber Lager and Orlando Brewing I-4 IPA on draft
- Red sangria with Van der Hum tangerine liqueur from South Africa
- The Starr of Harambe, a frozen drink with Starr African rum with mango puree in a souvenir mug
- Non-alcoholic tangerine lemonade
- Fountain beverages including Sparberry from Zimbabwe and Bibo from South Africa.
To read more about this exciting addition to Disney’s Animal Kingdom visit the Disney Parks Blog