There’s always something so magical about Disney food. Among the vast Disney snack list, the Mickey rice krispies treat is the one that brings be back to feeling like a kid. It’s like the snacks you used to pack in your lunch box for school. Honestly, any Mickey Mouse treat will bring out the little kid in your heart!
Mickey Rice Krispies Treat Recipe
The rice krispies treat recipe is based off one from the Disney Fantasy cruise ship, but we’re going to use it and make a Disney copycat Mickey-shape for the Disney Parks version. And what snack isn’t better as a Mickey head? It’s also one of the most Instagram worthy snacks!
Recipe Source: Disney Parks
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1.5 cup mini marshmallows
- 5.5 ounces Rice Krispies cereal
- Non-stick spray
- Popsicle sticks
- Candy M&Ms or Candy melts
- White Chocolate
- Dark Chocolate
- Red Food Coloring
- Melt butter and mini marshmallows in a bowl or on the stove.
- Fold the melted marshmallow mixture into the cereal until combined.
- Prep a baking sheet with parchment paper or waxed paper. (A cookie sheet works too)
- Spray your spatula Mickey cookie cutter with a non-stick cooking spray. I like to use a butter one just to be consistent with the flavor.
- Spread the mixture into the Mickey cookie cutter and once you have shaped rice krispies treats, release your mold. (Be sure to move quick or your not yet molded treats will solidify quickly.)
- Don’t forget to put your Popsicle stick in the bottom.
- Melt your white chocolate and then combine your red food coloring into the white chocolate and mix.
- Dip each treat in the white chocolate, add 2 yellow M&M’s for the buttons on the top of his pants, and let dry.
- Melt your dark chocolate and then dip the rice krispies treat halfway in right above his buttons.
- Let dry and enjoy!
Flavors and Decorations
A Rice Krispies Treat is one of the most versatile in that it’s actually very simple and easy to change up the flavors and decor to fit your wants.
If you wanted make a Minnie rice krispies treat, you’d do all the same as above. Instead you’d swap the yellow M&M’s for round white candies to make polka dots on her dress and put a candy bow at the top!
One of my favorite ways to have a Mickey rice krispies treat is with chocolate and caramel. So when you get to garnishing your rice krispies treat, dip your Mickey ears in melted chocolate. Let dry and drizzle caramel over. You can do a white chocolate drizzle, as well. Mix and match them.
This is another Disney parks classic flavor. When garnishing, dip your Mickey ears into melted chocolate and then dip into a bowl of multi colored sprinkles. It might take multiple dips to cover all the chocolate. If you love sprinkles, you can dip the entire Mickey shape into the melted chocolate and sprinkles.
You can even get creative and dress Mickey up to be other characters. Grab store bought icing in different colors and put in a piping bag. Decorate away!
Other Disney Parks Sweet Treat Recipes
Disney fans, enjoy these Mickey rice krispies treats and other Disney desserts while you’re doing your Disney Trip Countdown!